At this time of year, most of us will fill our homes with beautiful decorations and buy lots of yummy treats to enjoy. We have to be careful to keep these things up and out of the way of prying noses and cheeky paws!
During the festive Christmas period, we see an increase in pets being admitted for ingesting toxic items such as chocolates and mince pies. Although we want everyone to have a fun and relaxing holiday, it is important to highlight the dangers so that owners are aware and when accidents do happen, you know what to do.
We have created a helpful handout of foods and common christmas items to look out for. If you suspect your pet may have ingested or come in to contact with something you suspect is poisonous, please contact us immediately, we may not nessecarilly need to see your pet but we can advise on the best course of action. The key with toxicities is timing! The quicker we see an animal, the more we can do to help!